Lack of communication is a common and frequent complaint in our industry. Our management has studied the issue for years and implemented the following procedures, which have proven effective.
- All complaints or requests received are printed on a daily log form. These log forms are reviewed daily by the operations manager and are given to the designated supervisor for immediate action. Upon completion of a request or resolution of a problem, the supervisor submits a written report to the operations manager for review.
- A list of special instructions for each building is written in the customer history file, which is periodically updated with any changes or additions. This list is only available to management and key operations staff for instructing new personnel.
- Operations supervisors and personnel are instructed to record all observations and comments in writing, taking notes always, and making daily checklist of tasks to be performed.
- Work logs are checked daily and problems or deviations from the normal standards are studied with any subsequent action and results being documented.
- Supervising staff are equipped with cell phones for any emergencies that may arise.
- For your convenience, a toll-free telephone messaging system is available 24 hour & 7 days a week.
Security and safety are major concerns in all buildings. While Alert Security Network personnel are present :
- All suspicious persons will be questioned or asked to leave the building, and/or the proper authorities will be notified.
- Building entrance doors are checked to ensure that they are properly locked at the designated times.
- Entrance doors to tenants ‘area will be locked while at work or after the work is complete.
- Unauthorized persons will be denied access in to the building or tenants’ areas.
- Entrance doors will be double-checked after work is complete.
- Any keys will be returned to proper personnel (Supervisor) after work.
- Potentially hazardous situations will be diffused by removing combustibles from sources of heat and shutting off coffee machines, stoves, fans, etc.